Next generation of Enterprise Messaging – higher performance and predictability with lower TCO - just rack it and run it
High Throughput, Low Latency, Messaging (Solace Systems)
Solace hardware-based routers enable Enterprise Messaging with 10-100 times more throughput, the lowest latency available, the greatest predictability and consistency of delivery speed under stress, and simplicity to implement and maintain. The result is dramatically reduced total cost of ownership of an enterprise’s IT infrastructure together with many features, functions and benefits not available with software-based messaging approaches.
Solace's Unified Messaging Platform is based on hardware-based routers built with flexible FPGA chips. They route messages via a unified API (supporting C, Java, JMS, .NET) at over 10 million reliable messages per second and 150,000 guaranteed messages per second.
- Routes very high volumes of messages with very low latency, superior to the software-based messaging leaders:
- Reliable delivery: 1 million messages per second at under 30 microseconds of average latency, and peak throughput of 10 million messages per second.
- Guaranteed delivery: peak throughput 150,000 messages a second with latency under 100 microseconds
- JMS: Solace's hardware-based JMS broker enables over 100,000 messages per second in persistent mode and 10 million messages per second in non-persistent mode. It can even run both simultaneously
- Provides very predictable throughput and latency even with massive volume spikes: 99.9th percentile varies from median by only a fraction. This is significantly better than any performance possible with the software-based messaging leaders. Uses Unicast over TCP to eliminate the hassles and risks of multicast such as NAK storms
- Solace's appliances can accomodate a number of PCIe cards that perform functions such as protocol termination, message routing, guaranteed delivery, etc. This lets customers configure Solace appliances to meet their exact needs, and expand functionality over time within that same footprint.
- Filters, personalizes and forwards information to only the applications and people wanting it and authorized to receive it, enabling more precise, secure, guaranteed delivery.
This may be based on:
- rules-based subscriptions - meeting receivers’ specific requirements
- content of messages - delivering only the parts of a message receivers are authorized to receive
- "geospatial location routing" - filters and forwards messages based on where things happen, as well as the current location of people and systems
- Transforms data so applications are free to send in their native format, reducing application workload while each recipient receives a version in the format it requires
- Caches messages where applications require
- Each Solace appliance can be configured with 500 virtual messaging environments if required
- "Plug and play" implementation eliminates complex tuning required with software-based messaging
- One platform and API for ultra-low latency, reliable, guaranteed and JMS messaging, plus IPC, message caching, content-based routing and transformation
- Optional virtual messaging environments allow many applications and departments to share a single appliance while getting their own environment with dedicated resources, performance characteristics and administration/security
Cost of ownership
- Reduced data centre footprints - for example one Solace router does the work of over two dozen software-based JMS brokers
- Reduced number of technologies required - Solace covers all your messaging needs
- Quicker implementations and easier to support and maintain
- Reduced bandwidth requirements
- Reduced Enterprise power consumption
Improve WAN Performance and Reduce WAN Costs
Solace's message routers:
- Allow geographically dispersed applications to work together efficiently and securely
- Reduce loads on distributed database servers during replication
Across any combination of LANs and WANs, Solace resolves throughput bottlenecks and dramatically improves network performance, manageability and predictability:
- Solace appliances automatically propagate subscriptions and share information about network availability. This allows one copy of each message only to be sent automatically always via the shortest possible available path with simultaneous client-specific Unicast TCP connections
- Increase instantly capacity and/or functionality by simply deploying another Solace device
- Compresses and decompresses messages while streaming at wire-speed
- Supports eliding where required to reduce bandwidth
- Automatically sets appropriate message rates
- Fans out messages at the edge of the network
- Solace's message routers:
Enable World Class High Frequency Trading
- Solace provides comparable performance to the fastest software messaging on traditional networks (10GigE, etc.) and predictability of latency rarely possible with software based messaging. This gives you a competitive edge for both fast market data distribution within your organization, and quickest order execution.
- The API also supports IPC-based shared memory messaging (where multiple applications are co-hosted on multi-core servers), providing the lowest available predictable and consistent latency on the market today at less than 700 nanoseconds– even with volume spikes.
- Solace routers provides a competitive edge for algorithmic trading that uses Complex Event Processing. Monitoring, filtering, routing, transforming and securing very large volumes of raw events in real time with minimal processing overhead is perfectly suited to Solace technology
- Improve WAN Performance and Reduce WAN Costs